About This Blog

In this blog, I will show you all the fun crafts I work on during my free time. All patterns, information, and ideas are available to the public for use for free. If you feature any of my crafts on your own site, please link to this blog. Please feel free to leave comments, and explore my other blogs, featured on the right-hand side of this page.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Olive Green Boot Cuffs


Boot cuffs are just fantastic, aren't they? Since I've got fat... well, everything, but calves are what's relavent here. Since the calves are big, I can't wear high-shaft boots, but luckily, I found some about a year ago that go up my legs a bit.
The key to making these is to measure how high up your boot goes, then find that height on your leg, and measure the circumference of that spot. For example:
My boots go up eight inches. At eight inches up my leg (starting from the heel of the foot), the circumference of my calf is 15 inches. Therefore, I know to make my cuffs 15 inches.

Materials:
Size USN15/10.00mm crochet hook
Olive green yarn from Lions Brand, Vanna's Choice
Needle for sewing buttons
Two buttons of contrasting colour (I used bright orange)

Directions:
Make 2
Chain 40. Join in a loop with slip stitch, taking care that the chain is not twisted.
Round 1: Chain 2. Double crochet in every stitch, joining with a slip stitch.
Repeat until cuff is of suitable length (mine measure 5 inches and required 12 rounds).
To create decorative edging: Chain 2. *(Single crochet, chain 2, single crochet) in same space. Slip stitch in next stitch.* Repeat * sequence until the round is complete and join with a slip stitch.
Sew buttons.

Notes: I completed this project very quickly; it took about half a day of on and off work, so faster individuals can probably finish this project in less than an hour.
The colour possibilities are endless! Experiment with colours that will go best with your boots, leggings, and outfits.
You can adjust the width and length of your cuffs based on your size and preference. Be sure to have some form of measure available, and try them on occasionally to see if they're the desired dimensions.
Get creative! Use multiple buttons, other design motifs, or multiple colours to make your cuffs as unique as you are!

If you have any questions or comments about this pattern, feel free to leave them below.
Don't forget to follow this blog to get all the latest crafty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment