About This Blog

In this blog, I will show you all the fun crafts I work on during my free time. All patterns, information, and ideas are available to the public for use for free. If you feature any of my crafts on your own site, please link to this blog. Please feel free to leave comments, and explore my other blogs, featured on the right-hand side of this page.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Extra Large Gloves, or the Gigantor Gloves

  If these look massive on me, it's because they are. They were made for someone with much larger hands than mine, i.e. my younger brother, Carlos. Turns out, they were a little big on him, so he uses them as wristlets now... oh well, lesson learned.

Anyway, if you need to make Gigantor Gloves, here's how I did it:

Materials: Some amount of yarn. I say some because I used less than one skein.
                  Size 8 knitting needles, or desired size
                  Yarn needle

Note: I didn't gauge this. I don't think that it's that big of a deal for gloves, since they'll end up fitted to the person you want to give them to, anyway. Just try to knit the same gauge for both gloves!

Directions: Cast on 50 stitches (this can be more or less depending on the size of your Gigantor Gloves, but keep it an even number).
                   St st for 8 rows
                   K2, P2 ribbing for 32 rows
                   St st 4 rows
                   Cast off, sew seams, leaving about two inches open for the thumb.
                   Weave in ends.


So this is a pretty simple knit, using very basic techniques. I swear I'm getting better...
As I said, I made these a little too big for my brother. Although his hands are definitely huge, they aren't 50-stitches-huge. To be fair, he and I live ten hours apart, and I don't know his hand size off the top of my head... It worked out in the end, though...
My next project will surely be sized correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment