About This Blog

In this blog, I will show you all the fun crafts I work on during my free time. All patterns, information, and ideas are available to the public for use for free. If you feature any of my crafts on your own site, please link to this blog. Please feel free to leave comments, and explore my other blogs, featured on the right-hand side of this page.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day Present: The Knit Friendship Bracelet


Since I've been sitting around the house a bunch, I also have not been making money, so I could not purchase a gift this year for Richard (Last year, I bought the battery to my car that he sometimes drove. Not a gift, I guess, but we spent the day changing it).
He recently asked me to remake a stronger version of a friendship bracelet that I made for him last year. He had suggested a way to make the four strands of little floss stronger, but I had a better idea: I'll knit it. So I cast on enough stitches to get to about seven inches (he needed seven and a half) and used five rows of stockinette stitching, with a knit-based cast-off. The trick here is to make sure you have extra string from both the cast-on and cast-off end, which need to be on opposite sides to tie it off on the wrist. Additionally, one can sew strings on the other corners to allow double tying.
This time, I won't deliver a pattern, since I think this has a ton of room for creativity. I mention this project because I know there are so many people who don't know what to give as a gift, but it's so easy to just make something. It's interesting, it exercises the creative mind, and more importantly, comes from the heart. It's so easy to just find something easy, or something you've just picked up, and turn it into a gift. So if you have a birthday, an anniversary, or some other event coming, here's an idea you can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment